Here are some ideas of activities you can do with your dog that I do with Alle:
- Chews or Kong-gives them something to munch & keeps them occupied for awhile. Alle loves peanut butter in her Kong and her favorite chew right now is a Buffalo Horn
- Tug of War-grab a toy, pull and play
- Fetch-toss their favorite toy around and use a set of stairs if available for an even more energy consuming exercise
- Agility Obstacle Course-make them crawl under the dining room table, put a broom on some chairs to jump over, run up steps
- Reinforce Training-go over some commands and reward your pup with a treat. This will help keep their mind sharp and they're happy they have your attention.
- New Toy or Bring Out An Old Toy-buy a new toy and put it away until your dog is bored. Or sometimes I rotate Alle's toys by putting away ones she hasn't paid attention to in awhile. That way when I bring them out they seem new and fun again. Since Alle enjoys opening boxes (I don't know if that is because she is a Boxer BOL) I put her dog toys in a box for her to open for more of a challenge and entertainment.
For my Doggie Dog Madness Channels